- This page is the Latest News and contains information on:
– Important information to COVID regulations, and/or changes to VTA programs
– COVID-19 Protocols
– Bi-monthly Newsletter
– Ball Machine – Rules for Use
– VTA Singles Ladder – coordinator needed, please contact us if you would like to do this job – recording scores is basically all there is to it.
IMPORTANT NOTICE from Graham Cooper, VTA President – May 30, 2021
Unfortunately, the start of our junior tennis program and lessons has been delayed for one month. Full details of our summer program will be posted shortly. While waiting the program to commence, we encourage all juniors who have had previous experience to get out and enjoy playing tennis.
2021 VTA Membership is available on our website (www.vernontennis.com)
No cheques or cash can be accepted during COVID restrictions. Thank you.
VTA UPDATE AS OF MAY 25, 2021
PLEASE READ THE COVID-19 PROTOCOLS ON OUR WEBSITE MENU BEFORE COMING TO
TENNIS – THANK YOU!
ViaSport has posted the latest COVID-19 up-date as of MAY 25, 2021
• Practices and competition allowed for youth and adults
within their home club*
• Physical distance not required on field of play (i.e. contact is
allowed). Off field of play, physical distance of 2 m must be
• Travel allowed to home club only (and cannot cross travel
• Maximum group size for adults and varsity sport is 50 (if
group is a mix of youth and adult, 50 person maximum must
• No maximum group size for youth to allow for more flexibility
(e.g. adult supervision)
• No spectators
All COVID-19 protocols from ViaSport, Tennis BC and Vernon Recreation Services will be followed. Please read all the PROTOCOLS on our website menu before coming to tennis. Thank you.
The VTA is always in need of your help as a ‘participating member’.
You can have a direct impact on tennis in Vernon.
Contact us if you would like to help with the leagues and other programs, or with something else.
Please check the Calendar on the Adult Program page for all the opening dates and times of all the tennis programs.
VTA BI-MONTHLY NEWSLETTERS
ARE AVAILABLE ON-LINE
– click on this link:
VTA Newsletter December 2020
The VTA Newsletter is published bi-monthly all year long. Read it to keep in touch with what’s happening in tennis, even in the winter. Your input is important. If you have something to contribute to the Newsletters (i.e. interesting tennis fact, tennis news of interest to our members, tennis and healthy life-style news, etc.), please use our “Contact Us” icon and email it to our Newsletter staff.
BALL MACHINE – RULES FOR USE
- VTA Members must make an appointment with Jackie at 778-475-1371 or firstname.lastname@example.org so that there are no conflicts in time, and so we will know who used the ball machine and when.
- The appointments are for a maximum of 1 hour playing time, and can be booked a maximum of 2 times per week, not during VTA reserved court times. The best times are afternoons between noon and 3:00 pm. during the week, or Wednesday most of the day until 3:00 pm. Qualified Coordinators may use the machine during reserved times for tennis instruction or lessons only.
- Once you have your date and time, if this is your first time with the Ball Machine, Jackie will meet you at the Fabi Shack and take you through a short instruction session to make sure you understand what is involved with the use and operation of the Ball Machine, and the Sanitizing procedure.
- SANITIZATION is the main change and very important.
- Every user MUST SANITIZE all touch-points on the ball machine, and the ball hoppers, BEFORE AND AFTER use, with the antiseptic cloths provided.
- Signing the Green Binder for the date and time you use the Ball Machine, and signing that you have completed sanitization, is your attestation that you have followed all the COVID-19 regulations and have not been in contact with anyone who has the virus. It is also for contact tracing if ever needed. Thank You. (COVID regulations are outlined on the PROTOCOL page of our VTA website, and included in the Green Binder.)
- The Green Binder contains all the information you may need to operate the machine safely, after your instruction session – it is imperative that you read this information thoroughly, at least the first time you use the Ball Machine.
- Please do not borrow or use the balls in the ball machine for any other purposes. They are to be used for the ball machine only. Should there be any abuse or
misused of any VTA equipment, you will no longer have access to it. Please report any equipment problems immediately to Jackie – 778-475-1371
VTA SINGLES TENNIS LADDER
new information as of Feb. 10, 2021
The Vernon Tennis Association has a Singles Ladder. This will provide an opportunity for those players interested in competing in singles matches to be ranked according to their results. Register with Graham Cooper at email@example.com for rules and regulations. You must be a VTA Member to participate in the Ladder. The VTA Singles Ladder runs all year round. Play your matches on any courts you wish then report your scores to the coordinator. We are actively looking for a coordinator for the Ladder. If is an easy, and not time consuming job. All you do is take the scores and post them to the web, and post a copy on our bulletin board at Marshall field. If you think you can handle this easy job, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org