Thank you to all those who attended the Virtual AGM.
Your input is valuable to us.
Your help is needed as a ‘participating member’. You can have a direct impact on tennis in Vernon. WE ARE LOOKING FOR HELP WITH THE 4.0+ LEAGUE ON THURSDAY EVENING – 7:00-8:30 PM. Contact us if you would like to help with the league or with something else.
The official opening of the VTA season is
Monday, April 19th. However, the leagues will not start until May – please check the Calendar on the Adult Program page.
2021 VTA Memberships will be available on our website (www.vernontennis.com) as of Friday, April 16, 2021. No cheques or cash will be accepted. Thank you.
VTA UPDATE AS OF MARCH 31, 2021
For all sports, ViaSport’s definition of an adult is a person who is 22 years of age or older.
- Lessons and instruction may take place with 4 adult students and 1 coach.
- When playing any sport, including tennis, or on a sporting field, or tennis court, a 3-meter rule for social distancing applies. This is different to the general Public Health Order that requires 2 meters for social distancing.
- For coaching for juniors (players under 22 years of age), there can be up to 4 players per coach.
- Outdoor tennis doubles is permitted but 3 meter social distancing applies.
- The name, address and phone number of any person taking part in one of our programs needs to be recorded each time, on each occasion, they are at the courts. This information is required for tracking purposes by Interior Health.COVID-19 PROTOCOLS
All COVID-19 protocols from ViaSport, Tennis BC and Vernon Recreation Services will be followed. Please read all the PROTOCOLS on our website menu before coming to tennis. Thank you.
VTA BI-MONTHLY NEWSLETTERS
ARE AVAILABLE ON-LINE
– click on the link below
The VTA Newsletter is published bi-monthly all year long. Read it to keep in touch with what’s happening in tennis, even in the winter. Your input is important. If you have something to contribute to the Newsletters (i.e. interesting tennis fact, tennis news of interest to our members, tennis and healthy life-style news, etc.), please use our “Contact Us” icon and email it to our Newsletter staff.
VTA SINGLES TENNIS LADDER
new information as of Feb. 10, 2021
The Vernon Tennis Association has a Singles Ladder. This will provide an opportunity for those players interested in competing in singles matches to be ranked according to their results. Register with with Graham Cooper at email@example.com for rules and regulations. You must be a VTA Member to participate in the Ladder. The VTA Singles Ladder runs all year round. Play your matches on any courts you wish then report your scores to Wendy.