VTA “FUN” TENNIS TOURNAMENT
11TH ANNUAL MEMBERS’ TEAM TOURNAMENT
SATURDAY, JUNE 22, 2019
9:00 am. to 1:00 pm. – MARSHALL FIELDS COURTS
$5.00/VTA MEMBER – Payable at the tournament
MORNING SNACKS AND LUNCH INCLUDED
TO REGISTER FOR THE TOURNAMENT REPLY TO: email@example.com State your name and level of play.
You do not need a partner.
*Also let us know if you prefer a vegetarian alternative at lunch*
ALL LEVELS – MAXIMUM OF 32 PLAYERS
PARTICIPANTS WILL BE MATCHED WITH A DOUBLES PARTNER
AS CLOSE TO THEIR PLAYING LEVEL AS POSSIBLE,
AND PUT ON A TEAM OF EIGHT PLAYERS.
THE THEME IS COLOURS!
- Entries close: 6:00 pm. Monday, June 17th
- You will receive an email after June 17th with your TEAM, your team COLOUR, team mates, and rules of play.
- Please try to dress appropriately for your team colour – the more creative the better ! There are prizes for the most creative and fun outfit.
- All participants should be at Marshall Field by 8:45 am. to sign-in and pay their $5.
- Coffee and cookies/Tim Bits or other snacks will be provided in the morning.
- Approximately 12:15 pm – Lunch – *pulled pork sandwiches*, and beverages will be supplied for all participants and guests. We do ask if you can bring a small salad or a dessert to share. Not mandatory but very much appreciated.
NOTE: IF THE TOURNAMENT HAS TO BE DELAYED OR CANCELLED, AN EMAIL WILL BE SENT TO YOU BY 8:00 AM. ON SATURDAY MORNING. If the weather looks questionable, please check your email before leaving for the courts.
Come on out for the Fun! Support your VTA!
PLEASE NOTE: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday Drop-In tennis times have changed due to feed-back from our members.
For the remainder of May and June, drop-in sessions will start at 6:30 pm. and go until 8:00 pm. Saturday drop-in remains at 9:00-11:00 am.
The VTA is offering two new tennis lesson programs for our adult members who are just starting to play tennis, or perhaps feel “stuck” at the 1.5-2.0 level. The two programs, FAST and Level Two, offer you the opportunity to gain some confidence in your game and feel comfortable playing with others during the VTA drop-in sessions. Please click on the link below to read all about it, or go to the Adult Program page.
*FAST & Beginner Adult Program – 2019*
VTA NEWSLETTERS ARE AVAILABLE ON-LINE
– click on the link below
VTA Newsletter June 2019
VTA Newsletter April 2019
VTA Newsletter February 2019
The VTA Newsletter is published bi-monthly all year long. Read it to keep in touch with what’s happening in tennis, even in the winter. Your input is important. If you have something to contribute to the Newsletters (i.e. interesting tennis fact, tennis news of interest to our members, tennis and healthy life-style news, etc.), please use our Contact icon and email it to our Newsletter staff.
Junior Tennis Development Program
PARENTS: See the VTA’s exciting new Junior Tennis Development Program. Go to the Junior Program page for complete details on this Tennis Canada Program offered by the VTA. Registration on-line for this program is available now. Please Note: some of the programs may be revised due to numbers registered. We will keep you posted.