PARENTS: SEE THE VTA’S EXCITING NEW “JUNIOR PROGRAM”. GO TO THE JUNIOR PROGRAM PAGE FOR COMPLETE INFORMATION ON THE TENNIS DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM TO BE PRESENTED THIS COMING SEASON.
The VTA is offering two new tennis lesson programs for our adult members who are just starting to play tennis, or perhaps feel “stuck” at the 1.5-2.0 level. The two programs, FAST and Level Two, offer you the opportunity to gain some confidence in your game and feel comfortable playing with others during the VTA drop-in sessions. Please click on the link below to read all about it and then go to the ADULT page on the website.
The Vernon Tennis Association (VTA) was started in October 2008 to bring together all tennis players of all skill levels within the Vernon area and to offer both competitive and social programs that are not being offered to players currently.
Presently the VTA operates seasonal adult and children’s programs from April to September in “partnership” with Greater Vernon Parks, Recreation and Culture.
The purpose of the VERNON TENNIS ASSOCIATION is:
- The Vernon Tennis Association shall work towards educating its members and the population of the Greater Vernon area as to the social and physical benefits of playing and supporting tennis.
- The Association will offer professional tennis instruction, tournament play, and league competition to its membership, residents of Greater Vernon, and the surrounding area, as a means of enhancing Community relations in general.
- The Association will provide a legal body to coordinate tennis activities within the community, between other communities, and with tennis organizations such as Tennis BC and Tennis Canada, that have similar interests.
- The Association will also actively encourage and solicit the development of new tennis facilities enabling outreach to more tennis players in the Vernon area.
- The Vernon Tennis Association is incorporated under the Society Act in the Province of British Columbia, Canada. Society # S-54421.