Thank you to all those who attended the Virtual AGM.
Your input is valuable to us.
Your help is needed as a ‘participating member’. You can have a direct impact on tennis in Vernon. WE ARE LOOKING FOR HELP WITH THE 4.0+ LEAGUE ON THURSDAY EVENING – 7:00-8:30 PM. Contact us if you would like to help with the league or with something else.
The official opening of the VTA season is
Monday, April 19th.
2021 VTA Memberships will be available on our website (www.vernontennis.com) Friday after the AGM. No cheques or cash will be accepted. Thank you.
VTA UPDATE AS OF MARCH 31, 2021
Currently, we are in Phase 2 of the Public Health Order. In this regard, the VTA is bound by the direction given to us by ViaSport/Tennis BC.
For all sports, ViaSport’s definition of an adult is a person who is 22 years of age or older.
- Groups for lessons or instruction can be up to 4 adults and 1 coach.
- When playing any sport, including tennis, or on a sporting field, or tennis court, a 3-meter rule for social distancing applies. This is different to the general Public Health Order that requires 2 meters for social distancing.
- For coaching for juniors (players under 22 years of age), there can be up to 10 players per coach.
- Outdoor tennis doubles is permitted but 3 meter social distancing applies.
- The name, address and phone number of any person taking part in one of our programs needs to be recorded each time, on each occasion, they are at the courts. This information is required for tracking purposes by Interior Health.
- Please read the COVID PROTOCOLS on the this website menu before coming to tennis.
COVID-19 PROTOCOLS – please read the PROTOCOLS on the Menu page
All COVID-19 protocols from ViaSport, Tennis BC and Vernon Recreation Services will be followed.
The Vernon Tennis Association (VTA) was started in October 2008 to bring together all tennis players of all skill levels within the Vernon area and to offer both competitive and social programs that are not being offered to players currently.
Presently the VTA operates seasonal adult and children’s programs from April to September in “partnership” with Greater Vernon Parks, Recreation and Culture.
The purpose of the VERNON TENNIS ASSOCIATION is:
- The Vernon Tennis Association shall work towards educating its members and the population of the Greater Vernon area as to the social and physical benefits of playing and supporting tennis.
- The Association will offer professional tennis instruction, tournament play, and league competition to its membership, residents of Greater Vernon, and the surrounding area, as a means of enhancing Community relations in general.
- The Association will provide a legal body to coordinate tennis activities within the community, between other communities, and with tennis organizations such as Tennis BC and Tennis Canada, that have similar interests.
- The Association will also actively encourage and solicit the development of new tennis facilities enabling outreach to more tennis players in the Vernon area.
- The Vernon Tennis Association is incorporated under the Society Act in the Province of British Columbia, Canada. Society # S-54421.