THE 2022 OUT-DOOR TENNIS SEASON AND THE VERNON TENNIS ASSOCIATION WILL RUN FROM APRIL 25, 2022 to OCTOBER 1, 2022
Hope to see all our Members at
13TH ANNUAL FABI FUN TEAM TENNIS TOURNAMENT
SATURDAY, JUNE 11, 2022 at Marshall Field Courts
RULES AND FORMAT
- This is a Mixed Doubles Tournament consisting of FOUR TEAMS of EIGHT PLAYERS each. Teams are as evenly divided as best as possible between playing levels. A maximum of 32 Players can participate, but any amount of guest are invited.
- It is $5,00 to enter the Tournament, payable on the June 11th, when you arrive at the courts. You are guaranteed 3 rounds of 30 minutes and lunch.
- Each doubles team will play all (3) of the other doubles teams at the same level of play, i.e. level 2-2.5 will play against level 2-2.5 from the other 3 teams. The Committee will try to make the teams as even as possible, but some teams may not be mixed if the number of males and females doesn’t even out.
- First team on court will be given a 5-minute warm-up. No warm-up after your first time on court. Good advice: Warm up your serve!
- Do not play out deuces. Second (2nd) deuce is game point – receiver’s choice or gender to gender where possible.
- Teams will play for 30 minutes, so get as many games in as you can.
- At the sound of the whistle, all play STOPS, even during a point.
- Balls stay on the courts.
- This is a TEAM tournament, so all games played will count toward the final TEAM score.
- SCORES ARE THE TOTAL NUMBER OF GAMES WON by each team IN THE 30 MINUTES, i.e. 10/6, 2/4, 5/5, etc. One person from each winning team will give the scores to the score-keeper.
- The TEAM with the most games won at the end of the 6 rounds is the winner.
- This is a TEAM Tournament, so please cheer on your team. Make up a cheer for your team. Wear your team colour (the wackier the better!).
- A BBQ lunch will be available after the tennis.
- You have to be a VTA Member to play in this tournament. If you wish to play, contact the VTA at their email (firstname.lastname@example.org ) and a Registration will be sent to you. WINNING IS ALL IN THE FUN YOU WILL HAVE!
Help is always needed. As a ‘participating member’ you can help in many ways. You can have a direct impact on tennis in Vernon by volunteering to coordinate an evening session, a competitive league, or any other program. WE ARE A PUBLIC TENNIS CLUB, AND ALL OUR BOARD MEMBERS AND COORDINATORS ARE VOLUNTEERS. Contact us if you would like to help.
The Vernon Tennis Association (VTA) was started in October 2008 to bring together all tennis players of all skill levels within the Vernon area and to offer both competitive and social programs that are not being offered to players currently.
Presently the VTA operates seasonal adult and children’s programs from April to September in “partnership” with Greater Vernon Parks, Recreation and Culture.
The purpose of the VERNON TENNIS ASSOCIATION is:
- The Vernon Tennis Association shall work towards educating its members and the population of the Greater Vernon area as to the social and physical benefits of playing and supporting tennis.
- The Association will offer professional tennis instruction, tournament play, and league competition to its membership, residents of Greater Vernon, and the surrounding area, as a means of enhancing Community relations in general.
- The Association will provide a legal body to coordinate tennis activities within the community, between other communities, and with tennis organizations such as Tennis BC and Tennis Canada, that have similar interests.
- The Association will also actively encourage and solicit the development of new tennis facilities enabling outreach to more tennis players in the Vernon area.
- The Vernon Tennis Association is incorporated under the Society Act in the Province of British Columbia, Canada. Society # S-54421.