THE 2023 OUT-DOOR TENNIS SEASON AND THE VERNON TENNIS ASSOCIATION WILL RUN FROM APRIL 20, 2023 to SEPTEMBER 31, 2023, and beyond if necessary.
Help is always needed. As a ‘participating’ member you can help in many ways. You can have a direct impact on tennis in Vernon by volunteering to coordinate an evening session, a competitive league, help out on court, or any other programs. WE ARE A PUBLIC TENNIS CLUB, AND ALL OUR BOARD MEMBERS AND COORDINATORS ARE VOLUNTEERS. Contact us if you would like to help. email@example.com
The Vernon Tennis Association (VTA) was started in October 2008 to bring together tennis players of all skill levels within the Vernon area; to offer both competitive and social tennis programs that are not currently available to players.
Presently the VTA operates adult and children’s programs from April to September in “partnership” with Greater Vernon Parks, Recreation and Culture.
The purpose of the VERNON TENNIS ASSOCIATION is:
- The Vernon Tennis Association shall work towards educating its members and the population of the Greater Vernon area as to the social and physical benefits of playing and supporting tennis.
- The Association will offer professional tennis instruction, tournament play, and league competition to its membership, residents of Greater Vernon, and the surrounding area, as a means of enhancing Community relations in general.
- The Association will provide a legal body to coordinate tennis activities within the community, between other communities, and with tennis organizations such as Tennis BC and Tennis Canada, that have similar interests.
- The Association will also actively encourage and solicit the development of new tennis facilities enabling outreach to more tennis players in the Vernon area.
- The Vernon Tennis Association is incorporated under the Society Act in the Province of British Columbia, Canada. Society # S-54421.