PARENTS: It is finally ready! SEE THE VTA’S EXCITING NEW “JUNIOR PROGRAM”. GO TO THE JUNIOR PROGRAM PAGE FOR COMPLETE INFORMATION ON THE TENNIS DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM TO BE PRESENTED THIS COMING SEASON.
To learn the latest in tennis programs (both adult and youth) offered by the VTA for the 2019 season, attend the Annual General Meeting on Tuesday, April 16, 2019 at 7:00 pm. upstairs in the Toyota Indoor Sports Facility – Okanagan Landing Rd., Vernon.
The Vernon Tennis Association (VTA) was started in October 2008 to bring together all tennis players of all skill levels within the Vernon area and to offer both competitive and social programs that are not being offered to players currently.
Presently the VTA operates programs from April to October 2019 in “partnership” with Greater Vernon Parks, Recreation and Culture.
The purpose of the VERNON TENNIS ASSOCIATION is:
- The Vernon Tennis Association shall work towards educating its members and the population of the Greater Vernon area as to the social and physical benefits of playing and supporting tennis.
- The Association will offer professional tennis instruction, tournament play, and league competition to its membership, residents of Greater Vernon, and the surrounding area, as a means of enhancing Community relations in general.
- The Association will provide a legal body to coordinate tennis activities within the community, between other communities, and with tennis organizations such as Tennis BC and Tennis Canada, that have similar interests.
- The Association will also actively encourage and solicit the development of new tennis facilities enabling outreach to more tennis players in the Vernon area.
- The Vernon Tennis Association is incorporated under the Society Act in the Province of British Columbia, Canada. Society # S-54421.