♦This page is designated for the: LATEST NEWS♦
- BI-MONTHYLY NEWSLETTER – see below
- Important changes to VTA programs
- Ball Machine – Rules for Use
- Also check out the Singles Tennis Ladder page on the Opening Page Menu
The VTA tennis season runs from after the Annual General Meeting in April 2022 to the beginning of October 2022. Our season is now finished.
Because Marshall Field courts are public, there is no reason why you cannot play tennis as long as you wish and the weather cooperates. However, there will be no VTA reserved courts from October 2022 until after the AGM 2023. Thank you for your continued support of the VTA this season. We hope to see you again in 2023 at the AGM (April 19, 2023), and on the courts after.
VTA 2023 ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING (AGM)
April 19, 2023 at 7:00 pm.
People Place, 3402 27 Ave, Vernon, BC V1T 1S1, Canada
Anyone interested in tennis, and those who wish to learn or enhance their tennis skills are welcome, and encouraged to attend the 2023 AGM. The Board of Directors wants to know what you would like to see in the future for the Vernon Tennis Association. Your voice is important to us. Please make an effort to attend if you can. Thank you.
NOTE: NO 2023 Membership registrations will be accepted, on-line or elsewhere, until the day after the 2023 AGM. Thank you for your patience.
VTA BI-MONTHLY NEWSLETTERS
ARE AVAILABLE ON-LINE
– click on the link below:
VTA Newsletter October 2022 2
VTA Newsletter August 2022
The VTA Newsletter is published bi-monthly all year long. Read it to keep in touch with what’s happening in tennis, even in the winter. Your input is important. If you have something to contribute to the Newsletters (i.e. interesting tennis fact, tennis news of interest to our members, tennis and healthy life-style news, etc.), please use our “Contact Us” icon and email it to our Newsletter staff.
BALL MACHINE – RULES FOR USE
1. Use of the Ball Machine is free to our 2022 members, in the summer months only. Please read all the RULES for Ball Machine Use.
2. VTA Members must have taken a Ball Machine workshop to be able to access the Fabi Shack for the Ball Machine.
3. The Board has stated that the Ball Machines sessions are for a maximum of 1 hour playing time, and can be used a maximum of 2 times per week, however, not during VTA reserved court times.
4. The best times are afternoons between noon and 6:00 pm. during the week, or Wednesday most of the day until 6:00 pm. Weekend are also a good time, however, be courteous of anyone else on the courts. The Ball Machine can be dangerous if used improperly.
5. Signing the Green Binder in the Fabi Shack for the date and time you use the Ball Machine, is your attestation that you have followed all the rules. It is also for keeping track of users if there is a problem with the machine. Thank You.
6. The Green Binder contains all the information you may need to operate the machine safely, after your instruction session – it is imperative that you read this information thoroughly, at least the first time you use the Ball Machine.
7. Please do not borrow or use the balls in the ball machine for any other purposes. Also do not put other used or new balls in the machine. The weight of the balls is paramount to the way the ball hopper in the machine works.
8. Should there be any abuse or misuse of any VTA equipment, you will no longer have access to it.
9. Please report any equipment problems immediately to Jackie – 778-475-1371
The VTA is always in need of your help as a ‘participating member’.
You can have a direct impact on tennis in Vernon.
Contact us if you would like to help with the leagues and other programs, or with something else.
Please check the Calendar on the Adult Program page for all the opening dates and times of all the tennis programs.