♦This page is designated to the: LATEST NEWS♦
- Look below for the RESULTS of Fabi Fun Team Tournament
- New Webcam for checking on the weather at the courts has been installed in the Fabi Shack – see how to access it below.
- Also check out the Singles Tennis Ladder page on the Menu
- BI-MONTHYLY NEWSLETTER – see below
- Important changes to VTA programs
Ball Machine – Rules for Use
13TH ANNUAL FABI FUN TEAM TENNIS TOURNAMENT
SATURDAY, JUNE 11, 2022 at Marshall Field Court
The sun was out for us all day! What a wonderful surprise. Everyone was dressed in their Team colour. Some very original outfits appeared – way to go!
- So Ben Johnson/Deanna Jones and Mit Upadhyay/Faith Quintillan battled it out while the crowd went WILD Initially, the Orange Team took the lead, but, look out, the Green Team forged ahead in the end to WIN 7/5.
- Congratulations to the Green Team: all Green Team Players (in doubles pairs) – Heidi Roos/Graham Cooper; Marian Wilson/Paul Boyko; Mit Upadhyay/Faith Quintillan; Ron Burton/Paul Boyko (playing twice due to lack of full draw). The Green Team received their prizes and went on to have well deserved bragging rights!
- Winners of the best creative outfit were: Carol Jenkins and Donna Stevens – way to go ladies.
- A big “Thank You” to Predator Ridge for their donation of two generous gift certificates won by Donna Steven and Karen McGarrity.
It was a great day for tennis and for making new friends. A big ‘Thank You’ to Wendy and Jeremy Bell who did a great job with the Scorekeeping and kept everyone on time and in line. Thank you also to those who contributed food to share – it is so very much appreciated and always tasty. We mustn’t forget to thank Kristine Read for getting the coffee from Tim Hortons, and Tim Horton’s for supplying it.
GREEN TEAM – WINNERS
Paul B, Marian W, Ron B, Graham C, Heidi R, Faith Q, and Mit U.
(The Motley Crew!)
NOW YOU CAN KNOW WHEN THE
COURTS ARE WET!
NEWS BULLITIN: Our Internet Technician has installed a Webcam in the Fabi Shack so we can monitor the weather on Marshall field courts. Yea! Go to our website www.vernontennis.com , go to the bottom of the Menu on the left of the page, click on Webcam, and you will get a picture of the courts and the area weather conditions. Please be patient, we are having webcam difficulties, we hope to have it fixed soon. In the meantime, try watching the Vernon Airport Cams at https://www.vernon.ca/roads-transportation/airport/runway-23-east-camera, go down the page and click on View the North East Camera. It gives you a good idea of the condition you may find on the courts opposite.
VTA BI-MONTHLY NEWSLETTERS
ARE AVAILABLE ON-LINE
– click on the link:
The VTA Newsletter is published bi-monthly all year long. Read it to keep in touch with what’s happening in tennis, even in the winter. Your input is important. If you have something to contribute to the Newsletters (i.e. interesting tennis fact, tennis news of interest to our members, tennis and healthy life-style news, etc.), please use our “Contact Us” icon and email it to our Newsletter staff.
BALL MACHINE – RULES FOR USE
1. Use of the Ball Machine is free to our 2022 members, Please read all the RULES for Ball Machine Use.
2. VTA Members must have taken a Ball Machine workshop to be able to access the Fabi Shack for the Ball Machine.
3. The Board has stated that the Ball Machines sessions are for a maximum of 1 hour playing time, and can be used a maximum of 2 times per week, however, not during VTA reserved court times.
4. The best times are afternoons between noon and 6:00 pm. during the week, or Wednesday most of the day until 6:00 pm. Weekend are also a good time, however, be courteous of anyone else on the courts. The Ball Machine can be dangerous if used improperly.
5. Signing the Green Binder in the Fabi Shack for the date and time you use the Ball Machine, is your attestation that you have followed all the rules. It is also for keeping track of users if there is a problem with the machine. Thank You.
6. The Green Binder contains all the information you may need to operate the machine safely, after your instruction session – it is imperative that you read this information thoroughly, at least the first time you use the Ball Machine.
7. Please do not borrow or use the balls in the ball machine for any other purposes. Also do not put other used or new balls in the machine. The weight of the balls is paramount to the way the ball hopper in the machine works.
8. Should there be any abuse or misuse of any VTA equipment, you will no longer have access to it.
9. Please report any equipment problems immediately to Jackie – 778-475-1371
The VTA is always in need of your help as a ‘participating member’.
You can have a direct impact on tennis in Vernon.
Contact us if you would like to help with the leagues and other programs, or with something else.
Please check the Calendar on the Adult Program page for all the opening dates and times of all the tennis programs.