♦This page is designated for the: LATEST NEWS♦
- BI-MONTHYLY NEWSLETTER – see below
- Important changes to VTA programs
- Ball Machine – Rules for Use
- Also check out the Singles Tennis Ladder page on the Opening Page Menu
VTA MEMBER APPRECIATION AND YEAR END WIND-UP PARTY
Put Saturday, October 1st from 9:00 am. to noon on your Calendar now and plan on attending.
- Your Board of Directors invites you to participate in a modified “first come, first to play” round of tennis, where everyone gets to play with a varied assortment of other member players (maybe some you have never even met this year).
- Then, of course, we invite you and your guest to partake in an upgraded hamburger and salad (maybe other things too) lunch.
- No charge to VTA members, just let us know you are planning on attending. Small $5.00 charge for guest’s lunch.
- Email email@example.com to let us know whether you are one or two attending and staying for lunch.
- If any of our musical VTA members would like to bring their guitar, we would love to eat accompanied by beautiful music – don’t be shy.
- FYI: It certainly would have been more appropriate to have a VTA wind-up in September but, because of other widely attended tournaments in the Valley, we decided to not create any conflicts with any other tennis competitive events.
TENNIS: As people arrive on Oct, 1st, your names will be added to a chart until all 4 courts are filled. Anyone who comes after that will also put their name on a court until filled for the next round. A Whistle will sound after 30-35 min. All players will exit the courts and the next groups will go on for the same length of time. No scores will be kept officially, so the whole idea is to play tennis with fellow members, make lasting partners maybe?, and just socialize and have FUN. SEE YOU SATURDAY, OCTOBER 1ST.
VTA BI-MONTHLY NEWSLETTERS
ARE AVAILABLE ON-LINE
– click on the link:
The VTA Newsletter is published bi-monthly all year long. Read it to keep in touch with what’s happening in tennis, even in the winter. Your input is important. If you have something to contribute to the Newsletters (i.e. interesting tennis fact, tennis news of interest to our members, tennis and healthy life-style news, etc.), please use our “Contact Us” icon and email it to our Newsletter staff.
BALL MACHINE – RULES FOR USE
1. Use of the Ball Machine is free to our 2022 members, Please read all the RULES for Ball Machine Use.
2. VTA Members must have taken a Ball Machine workshop to be able to access the Fabi Shack for the Ball Machine.
3. The Board has stated that the Ball Machines sessions are for a maximum of 1 hour playing time, and can be used a maximum of 2 times per week, however, not during VTA reserved court times.
4. The best times are afternoons between noon and 6:00 pm. during the week, or Wednesday most of the day until 6:00 pm. Weekend are also a good time, however, be courteous of anyone else on the courts. The Ball Machine can be dangerous if used improperly.
5. Signing the Green Binder in the Fabi Shack for the date and time you use the Ball Machine, is your attestation that you have followed all the rules. It is also for keeping track of users if there is a problem with the machine. Thank You.
6. The Green Binder contains all the information you may need to operate the machine safely, after your instruction session – it is imperative that you read this information thoroughly, at least the first time you use the Ball Machine.
7. Please do not borrow or use the balls in the ball machine for any other purposes. Also do not put other used or new balls in the machine. The weight of the balls is paramount to the way the ball hopper in the machine works.
8. Should there be any abuse or misuse of any VTA equipment, you will no longer have access to it.
9. Please report any equipment problems immediately to Jackie – 778-475-1371
The VTA is always in need of your help as a ‘participating member’.
You can have a direct impact on tennis in Vernon.
Contact us if you would like to help with the leagues and other programs, or with something else.
Please check the Calendar on the Adult Program page for all the opening dates and times of all the tennis programs.