- This page is the Latest News and contains information on:
– Important information to COVID regulations, and/or changes to VTA programs
– Bi-monthly Newsletters
– Ball Machine – Rules for Use – Ball Machine is out of service at the moment. Sorry
– VTA Singles Ladder – coordinator needed, please contact us if you would like to do this job – recording scores is basically all there is to it.
2021 VTA Membership is available on our website (www.vernontennis.com)
Pay by credit card or debit. No cheques or cash can be accepted. Thank you
VTA BI-MONTHLY NEWSLETTERS
ARE AVAILABLE ON-LINE
– click on this link:
VTA Newsletter June 2021
The VTA Newsletter is published bi-monthly all year long. Read it to keep in touch with what’s happening in tennis, even in the winter. Your input is important. If you have something to contribute to the Newsletters (i.e. interesting tennis fact, tennis news of interest to our members, tennis and healthy life-style news, etc.), please use our “Contact Us” icon and email it to our Newsletter staff.
Return to Play Update – July 1, 2021
With the new PHO order in effect, we are now in Step 3 of the BC Return-To-Sport Restart. As life returns to almost pre-pandemic status, we urge everyone to continue to follow the BC health authority’s guidance. We remind you that each municipality may still have different restrictions and limitations for bookings/activity, therefore, please work with your local cities/municipalities to adhere to any requirements to ensure you are providing a safe environment for all participants.
Here is a summary of what the changes mean for our sport:
1) Masks are no longer mandatory indoors. It is recommended that you wear them until you are fully vaccinated, but that is now an individual personal decision.
2) Canada-wide recreational travel is now permitted.
3) Outdoor spectators are allowed, capping at either 5000 or 50% of capacity.
4) Indoor spectators are allowed, capping at either 50 people or 50% of capacity.
5) No maximum group size.
6) No physical distancing recommendation.
What that means for outdoor play is:
- There are no restrictions currently for outdoor play, for either adults or youth.
- Spectators are allowed, up to 5000 people or 50% of the facilities capacity.
The VTA is always in need of your help as a ‘participating member’.
You can have a direct impact on tennis in Vernon.
Contact us if you would like to help with the leagues and other programs, or with something else.
Please check the Calendar on the Adult Program page for all the opening dates and times of all the tennis programs.
BALL MACHINE – RULES FOR USE
NEWS UP-DATE: The Ball Machine is out of service from May 25 to present because of equipment damage and need for repair. We will let you know when it is available again. Sorry for the interruption.
1. Use of the Ball Machine is free to our 2021 members, with all the restrictions for COVID-19 in place. Please read all the RULES for Ball Machine Use.
2. VTA Members must book a date and time to use the Machine with Jackie at 778-475-1371 or firstname.lastname@example.org so that there are no conflicts in time, and so we will know who used the ball machine and when.
3. The sessions are for a maximum of 1 hour playing time, and can be booked a maximum of 2 times per week, however, not during VTA reserved court times. 4. The best times are afternoons between noon and 6:00 pm. during the week, or Wednesday most of the day until 6:00 pm.
5. Once you have your date and time, if this is your first time with the Ball Machine, Jackie will meet you at the Fabi Shack and take you through a short instruction session to make sure you understand what is involved with the use and operation of the Ball Machine, and the Sanitizing procedure.
6. Every user MUST SANITIZE all touch-points on the ball machine, and the ball hoppers, BEFORE AND AFTER use, with the antiseptic cloths provided.
7. Signing the Green Binder in the Fabi Shack for the date and time you use the Ball Machine, and signing that you have completed sanitization, is your attestation that you have followed all the COVID-19 regulations and have not been in contact with anyone who has the virus. It is also for contact tracing if ever needed. Thank You. (COVID regulations are outlined on the PROTOCOL page of our VTA website, and included in the Green Binder.)
8. The Green Binder contains all the information you may need to operate the machine safely, after your instruction session – it is imperative that you read this information thoroughly, at least the first time you use the Ball Machine.
9. Please do not borrow or use the balls in the ball machine for any other purposes. They are to be used for the ball machine only. Should there be any abuse or misused of any VTA equipment, you will no longer have access to it. 10. 10.Please report any equipment problems immediately to Jackie – 778-475-1371
VTA SINGLES TENNIS LADDER
new information as of Feb. 10, 2021
The Vernon Tennis Association has a Singles Ladder. This will provide an opportunity for those players interested in competing in singles matches to be ranked according to their results. Register with Graham Cooper at email@example.com for rules and regulations. You must be a VTA Member to participate in the Ladder. The VTA Singles Ladder runs all year round. Play your matches on any courts you wish then report your scores to the coordinator. We are actively looking for a coordinator for the Ladder. If is an easy, and not time consuming job. All you do is take the scores and post them to the web, and post a copy on our bulletin board at Marshall field. If you think you can handle this easy job, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org