VTA COVID-19 PROTOCOLS
Return to Play Update – July 1, 2021
With the new PHO order in effect, we are now in Step 3 of the BC Return-To-Sport Restart. As life returns to almost pre-pandemic status, we urge everyone to continue to follow the BC health authority’s guidance. We remind you that each municipality may still have different restrictions and limitations for bookings/activity, therefore, please work with your local cities/municipalities to adhere to any requirements to ensure you are providing a safe environment for all participants.
Here is a summary of what the changes mean for our sport:
1) Masks are no longer mandatory indoors. It is recommended that you wear them until you are fully vaccinated, but that is now an individual personal decision.
2) Canada-wide recreational travel is now permitted.
3) Outdoor spectators are allowed, capping at either 5000 or 50% of capacity.
4) Indoor spectators are allowed, capping at either 50 people or 50% of capacity.
5) No maximum group size.
6) No physical distancing recommendation.
What that means for outdoor play is:
- There are no restrictions currently for outdoor play, for either adults or youth.
- Spectators are allowed, up to 5000 people or 50% of the facilities capacity.
This guide is subject to modifications according to the requirements put in place by ViaSport and Public Health Agencies. This is not a legal document.
BEFORE LEAVING HOME
Do a self-assessment:
Do you have any COVID-19 symptoms?
- Symptoms Includes: fever, chills, cough, loss of sense of taste or smell, shortness of breath, sore throat and painful swallowing, stuffy or runny nose, headache, muscle aches, fatigue or loss of appetite.
- Have you and/or anyone in your household traveled to any country outside of Canada within the last 14 days?
- Have you been identified by Public Health as a close contact and directed to self-isolate within the last 14 days?
If you answer YES to any of these questions:
- Do NOT attend the activity. Please let your coordinator/COVID-19 ambassador know. We recommend you also call 811 and follow their advice.
If you answered NO to all three questions, please attend your activity.
UPON ARRIVAL AT THE COURTS
- All players must check in with the coordinator/COVID Ambassador or designate, acknowledging their attendance and that they are symptom free and feeling well prior to playing.
Enjoy your game and stay safe.