VTA COVID-19 PROTOCOLS
BEFORE LEAVING HOME
Do a self-assessment:
- Do you have any COVID-19 symptoms?
- Symptoms Includes: fever, chills, cough, loss of sense of taste or smell, shortness of breath, sore throat and painful swallowing, stuffy or runny nose, headache, muscle aches, fatigue or loss of appetite.
- Have you and/or anyone in your household traveled to any country outside of Canada within the last 14 days?
- Have you been identified by Public Health as a close contact and directed to self-isolate within the last 14 days?
If you answer YES to any of these questions:
- Do NOT attend the activity. Please let your coordinator/COVID-19 ambassador know. We recommend you also call 811 and follow their advice.
If you answered no to all three questions, please attend your activity.
UPON ARRIVAL AT THE COURTS
- Coming to the courts please observe 2 meters social distancing.
- Before entering the court sanitize hands. Each participant should carry their own hand sanitizer.
- All players must check in with the coordinator/COVID Ambassador or designate, acknowledging their attendance and that they are symptom free and feeling well prior to playing.
- If the courts are full, wait outside the courts until a court is open. Wait for the players who have finished playing to leave the courts prior to entering.
- When entering the courts, please enter by the closest gate to your court. Be sensitive to any play that is happening on the courts. Remember that while on the courts, physical distancing of 3 meters must be observed.
- It is suggested that you and your partner place your bag and water bottle at the net post of the court at which you will be playing. When you change ends, it is then suggested that you go to the side where your bag/water bottle is. As an extra precaution you may wish to hand sanitize each time you change ends. Another way to change ends is have the pairs rotate around the court at each change.
Playing the Game
- When on the courts, participants must maintain 3 metres of physical distancing at all times.
- There will be no physical contact such as hand-shakes or high fives.
- When switching end, opposing players will cross the court on opposite sides, coordinating to ensure social distancing of 3 meters is maintained.
- There can only be a maximum of four players on a court at a time.
- Players waiting to play, must wait off the courts until those who have been playing have exited.
- No spectators are permitted on the courts.
End of Play
- Please quickly gather your belongings and do not gather in groups to chat and socialize.
- Please exit promptly ensuring 3 meters of social distancing is maintained and the disruption of other games is kept to a minimum.