VTA COVID-19 PROTOCOLS
Return to Play Update – September 13, 2021
PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THE COVID-19 RELATED RESTRICTIONS ARE CONSTANTLY CHANGING BY EITHER THE CITY OF VERNON OR THE PROVINCIAL GOVERNMENT, SO USE YOU OWN JUDGEMENT WHEN PARTICIPATING IN ANY PHYSICAL ACTIVITY (I.E. TENNIS). The steps below are just for guidance and will change as we receive additional information.
Starting on Monday, September 13th, 2021, the BC proof of vaccine protocols will be set in place.
BC Vaccine Card Guide for Businesses
BC Vaccine Card General Information
The following provincial and regional restrictions are in place in the Interior region to stop the spread of COVID-19. These restrictions are made by the Provincial Health Officer (PHO) and Interior Health Medical Health Officers under the Public Health Act.
You now need proof of vaccination to access some events, services and businesses with the BC Vaccine Card.
- Outdoor organized events can have a capacity of 5,000 people or 50% of a venue’s capacity (whichever is greater) with proof of full vaccination (two doses).
- Outdoor organized events less than 100 people do not require proof of vaccinations.
Sports participants over 22 years, must show proof of full vaccination (2 doses).
- Officials, coaches and volunteers on the field of play are exempt from proof of vaccination for all age groups.
- Spectators for ticketed sports events (youth and adult) require proof of full vaccination (2 doses)
- Spectators for non-ticketed events (i.e. hockey practice) do not require proof of vaccination.
Enjoy the outdoors, stay safe and have fun, but remember these rules are changing constantly and new information may be already out there. We try to keep things up to date, but may be a few days behind new regulations. Check your emails, the local news reports and the newspaper for up-dates. Thank you.