VTA NEWSLETTERS ARE AVAILABLE – click on the link below
VTA Newsletter June 2018
The VTA Newsletter is published bi-monthly all year long. Read it to keep in touch with what’s happening in tennis, even in the winter. Your input is important. If you have something to contribute to the Newsletters (i.e. interesting tennis fact, tennis news of interest to our members, tennis and healthy life-style news, etc.), please use our Contact icon and email it to our Newsletter staff.
RE/MAX-VTA “FUN” TENNIS TOURNAMENT
10TH ANNUAL MEMBERS’ TEAM TOURNAMENT
SATURDAY, JUNE 23, 2018
9:00 am. to noon.
MARSHALL FIELDS COURTS
Payable at the tournament
MORNING SNACKS AND LUNCH INCLUDED
Let us know if you can bring a salad or dessert to share at lunch – thank you.
(Out of town guests ($10/person) may be accommodated if space available, but VTA members have priority.)
TO REGISTER FOR THE TOURNAMENT REPLY TO: email@example.com
(You do not need a tennis partner, but please let us know if a family member or spouse will be staying for lunch.)
ALL LEVELS – MAXIMUM OF 32 PLAYERS
Participants will be matched with a doubles partner as close to their playing level as possible, and put on a team of 8 players.
The THEME is COLOURS
- Entries close: 6:00 pm. Monday, June 18th
- You will receive an email after June 19th with your TEAM, team COLOUR and other members, and rules of play.
- Please try to dress appropriately for your team colour – the more creative the better! There are prizes for the most creative and fun outfit.
- All participants should be at Marshall Field by 8:45 am. on June 23rd to sign-in and pay their $5 fee.
- Coffee and cookies/Tim Bits or other snacks will be provided in the morning.
- Approximately 12:00 pm – a barbecue lunch (hot dogs, salads and dessert) will be supplied for all participants and guests. Someone may phone to ask you to bring a dish to share.
NOTE: IF THE TOURNAMENT HAS TO BE DELAYED OR CANCELLED, AN EMAIL WILL BE SENT TO YOU BY 8:00 AM ON SATURDAY MORNING. If the weather looks questionable, please check your email before leaving for the courts.
Reminder that the VTA does not reserve the Marshall Field courts on Statutory Holidays. Please check the Calendar under “Adult Programs” to see all the Statutory holidays. Marshall field courts are public courts and are available to anyone who wants to play or arrange games with others.
55+ BC GAMES LEGACY The 55+ Games Legacy Grant Committee recently announced the Legacy Grant Awards. Our VTA is awarded $4500 to purchase durable wind screens with grommets and wind flaps for the Marshall Field Tennis Courts. The City will be involved in providing some supplies and putting up the screens. We are thankful for the grant moneys as we have had wind screens on our list of needs for the past 5 years. Budgeting for the court surface crack repairs took priority by the Regional District.